Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Mon Amour - Copenhagen, Denmark

Back in 2014 I ate at a French restaurant in Copenhagen called Mon Amour. It is located near Strøget on Skindergade 22, but a bit off the beaten path, so again very non-touristy. This is always a plus for me, if you haven't noticed. :o)


I recommend that you make a reservation through their online booking system if you want to eat here. The restaurant is only open for dinner, and it can get really busy, but it is really cozy inside, and well worth visiting.


I decided to get the 3 course menu, which I think changes every now and then. I thought the food was very good, but I think next time I eat here I will just order one course. It turned out to be a bit too much food for me, but it was nice to try several things. If you decide to eat at Mon Amour I think it's a good idea to try the 3 course menu, it's a nice experience, and who knows maybe it is not too much food for you. :) It costs 375 dkk ($57) to order a 3 course menu, but compared to other upscale restaurants in Copenhagen, it's actually a really good price.

Vol a vent a la poularde (French pie with free range chicken)

As an appetizer I ordered Vol a vent a la poularde which is a French pie made with free range chicken. I remember at the time this dish was not an option for the menu I ordered, but I was able to pay a little bit extra so I could try it. I don't think substituting is an option anymore.

This was my first time to ever eat free range chicken, and the idea of it sounded great, but I didn't know the flavor of the chicken would be different than what I am used to. It just had a slightly wild flavor, so it's definitely an acquired taste. Apart from that, the dish tasted fine, but I couldn't get past this wild taste. :o/





My favorite dish here was the main course, Steak Frites. It was absolutely delicious. It came with homemade fries, a fresh salad, homemade pepper sauce, and steak. It was the first time I ever had pepper sauce before and it was soooooooo amazing. I tried to make it myself since, but I just couldn't pull it off like this place. Everything was really amazing, and the steak was so tender, cooked perfectly, and fell apart when I ate it. I highly recommend the Steak Frites.

Steak Frites (Steak, Salad, Pepper Sauce, and Fries)

For the dessert I ordered Profiteroles, which are cream puffs with homemade ice cream, and chocolate sauce. It was really good too. :o)

Profitroles (Cream puffs with homemade ice cream and chocolate sauce)

I went to eat here with my boyfriend and he ordered the Soupe de champignons (Mushroom Soup) as an appetizer and creme brulee for dessert. He also really loved his food.

Soupe de champignons (Mushroom Soup)
Creme Brulee

So if you are ever in Copenhagen and want to eat authentic French food, then you should try Mon Amour. I hope to eat here again someday!

Here are some more pictures of the interior.



No comments:

Post a Comment