Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Best Pizza in Amager - Copenhagen, Denmark

The pizza is really good in Copenhagen. It tastes unlike any pizza I have had back home (in Texas), not to say it isn't good back home, but it's different. Maybe it's because the pizza here is often made by Italian immigrants, so it is the real deal. There are other pizza places here that tend to sell more than just pizza, such as burgers, Danish food, shawarma sandwiches, Indian food, Chinese food, etc. If you want really good pizza then stay away from those places. :o)

Since there are so many good pizza places in Copenhagen, I thought I would list my favorite pizza places in each part of the city (in multiple blog posts), and I am going to include Frederiksberg because it's practically Copenhagen hehe.

First, if you are new to Copenhagen, I will give you a little insight on the pizza places here. The Italian run places tend to either only make pizza or make Italian bread, pasta, salad, dessert, and/or sandwiches in addition to pizza. The pizza is almost always thin, and usually comes in two sizes: normal (almindelig) and family size (familie). A normal size pizza can be compared to a medium size thin pizza in the U.S. and a family size pizza is more like a large U.S. pizza. There are usually always lunch specials, and it tends to be a normal size pizza for a cheaper price than usual, and it's only select varieties. This is not to say that the places I will list meet all of this criteria. I am just giving you a rough idea on what is most common here.

So lets start with Amager. Part of Amager is located in what is considered Copenhagen. There are actually a lot of really good pizza places in Amager, believe it or not, but I will just narrow down my list to 5 (in no particular order). :o)

Delle Alpi
Location: Amagerbrogade 17

Delle Alpi has been open since 1998. They sell pizza, pasta dishes, homemade tiramisu, homemade bread, pizza slices, sandwiches, salads, tærter (savoury pies), and gelato ice cream.

The crust on the family size pizza is not super thin, but I like that. So I feel like this pizza is a little bit more filling than normal. The pizza tastes different than most Italian run pizza places here, the crust is very good, has a nice crunch and flavor, and they use fresh ingredients. So if you want something a little bit different than the standard super thin pizza you should try the family size pizza at this place. I am not saying the crust is thick but it just isn't paper thin. :o) I love it!


regular size pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, and peppers
regular size pizza with pepperoni and buffalo mozzarella
There is limited seating inside (a bar with two chairs) so it is more of a takeaway place.

Pizzeria Sardegna
Location: Gullandsgade 2

Pizzeria Sardegna is a place I found by chance. It is located in the middle of apartment blocks and not on a main street at all, but the pizza is really good. In fact it is so good that I have eaten here a lot now and even have taken my friends. In addition to pizza this place also sells pasta dishes, sandwiches, and gelato ice cream.

What is also neat about this place is that you can eat inside comfortably. There are two tables, and you are provided with a knife and fork and a view of the not so busy street, but it's still nice. The owner is also very smiley, and often sings in Italian while he is making pizzas so you might just get a true Italian experience while here. :o)

Here is a pepperoni pizza I ordered. You might notice this is my favorite pizza topping hehe.

Pepperoni Pizza from Pizzeria Sardegna
Pizzeria Cavallino
Location: Kongedybet 28

Pizzeria Cavallino is located near Amagerbrogade and it is a chain (I just found out). I really like this place too, and actually the Italian bread here is the best I have tasted. The pizza here has a very thin crust, but I promise you won't be disappointed. You can also sit inside and it was recently remodeled so it looks very nice, and cozy. Unlike other pizza places that tend to have bright lights and a fast food atmosphere, this place has a few dark wood tables and candles lit, so it has a more restaurant feel on a small scale.

In addition to pizza, this place also has pasta, sandwiches, homemade bread, salads, italian drinks, and gelato ice cream.

Piccolo Mondo
Location: Holmbladsgade 83

Piccolo Mondo is another one of my favorite pizza places in Amager. I have probably ordered pizza from here more than any other place in Copenhagen. The pizzas are made in a stone oven. The pizza has a thin crust as well. In addition to pizza, this place also has pasta, bread, sandwiches, and gelato ice cream. It is more of a takeaway place, but there are some seats outside.

Pizza with salami, pepperoni, and mushrooms from Piccolo Mondo
Pepperoni Pizza from Piccolo Mondo

Pizza Art Copenhagen
Location: Sundbyøster plads

Last but not least let me tell you about this little gem I recently stumbled upon, Pizza Art Copenhagen. It is located at Sundbyøster plads off of Amagerbrogade and it is a pizza food truck!

Pizza Art Food Truck
By the looks of it I didn't know what to think, but I noticed a lot of people went out of their way to come to this little pizza place, and it sometimes had a bit of a line. This was intriguing considering another pizza place was located just across the street. So I thought it must be good, and when I took a look inside this guy had a pizza stone in there! I had to try it.

Once I did, I realized the pizza tasted amazing. I loved how fresh mozzarella was used, and not only did the crust have a good flavor, but so did the sauce. This just might be my new favorite pizza place in Copenhagen.

I have no idea if it is here all year round, but it is a great place to visit on a nice day. It is located in a square so you can easily have lunch outside on a bench, and there is a playground and small green area nearby.

Pepperoni pizza from Pizza Art Copenhagen
So that is it. My top 5 favorite places to get pizza in Amager. I hope someone enjoyed reading this. Let me know if you have tried any of these places or do you have a different favorite? :)

To check out my top pizza places in Central Copenhagen click here!

1 comment:

  1. The Scandinavian country where you can find the oldest amusement park in the world which is Dyrehavsbakken. It was built in 1583, and it is the oldest amusement park in the world, and it can be seen near Copenhagen. Are you excited to read more fascinating things about Denmark? Go and check - Denmark Facts

    ReplyDelete