Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

How to make Potato and Egg Breakfast Tacos

One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast are breakfast tacos. Something that surprisingly is unknown in most parts of the world, but in my hometown of San Antonio, Texas it is really popular. There are many varieties of breakfast tacos from sausage and egg, to bean and cheese, to chorizo and egg. One of my favorites are potato and egg tacos. Of course back home in Texas I usually would just dine in at my favorite Mexican restaurant or drive thru in the morning to pick up some breakfast tacos, but living in Denmark, I can't do that. Instead I have to make them myself. It is actually pretty easy, although a little more time consuming, since I have to make the tortillas as well.

So I made a video showing you how I make potato and egg breakfast tacos here in Denmark. You can see it below.

           

Basically, all you do is fry potatoes, scramble eggs, mix it together, and put it in a tortilla. Top it off with some salsa, and you have yourself a potato and egg breakfast taco. :o) I made the tortillas homemade, and will upload a video on how to make homemade tortillas soon. In the mean time this is how I make potato and egg breakfast tacos. :o)


Ingredients
Fried Potatoes
potatoes (1 1/2 small potato per taco)
onion, for flavoring (half an onion should be enough)
frying oil

Scrambled Eggs
eggs (1 per taco)
salt
pepper
butter

Tortillas

Directions
1. First, wash the potatoes and peel (optional) and chop them into cubes.
2. Next, season them with salt and pepper.
3. Then, slice an onion into large chunks (this will be removed later). If you want to eat the onion with your potatoes then chop it more finely.
4. In a small pot, fry the potatoes and onions together until tender. This should take about 10 - 15 minutes. The potatoes are not meant to be crispy, just cooked.
5. Meanwhile, crack the eggs in a bowl, season them with pepper, and mix them together. Set the eggs aside until ready to use.
6. Then, check if the potatoes are tender by poking a few with a knife. Remove the onions, drain the potatoes, and put the potatoes in a bowl lined with a paper towel, until ready to use.
7. Melt butter in a frying pan on medium heat, then season the eggs with salt, whisk them, and add eggs to the frying pan. Let them sit for a little bit to cook, and then stir them together. Remove the eggs from the heat once almost cooked, and continue to scramble them.
8. Then, add in the potatoes, and mix it altogether.
9. Finally, spread some butter on a tortilla (optional), and put some potato/egg in the center of the tortilla. Add in salsa, if you want, and that's it. I usually add salsa to mine but I didn't have any at the time. I hope you like this recipe!





No comments:

Post a Comment